How to clean a Coffee Maker with Bleach
Coffee maker is one of the most interesting appliances in our kitchen as it can make a delicious cup of coffee within few minutes. Lots of people love to have different kinds of coffee and they make their desired coffee with the help of a coffee maker. It is very easy to use but in order to make it working in correct order, you need to maintain it properly otherwise it will ruin the flavor of your coffee. Cleaning coffee maker is not a difficult task as you can do it at your home.
Why Clean Coffee Maker?
Our coffee maker has suffered a lot from long use or you can say misuse. It needs a freshening up to work properly. You can do this at your home with the help some domestic items like bleach. It is quite inexpensive and effective way to clean your coffee maker.
Steps to Clean Coffee Maker with Bleach
You can clean your coffee maker with the help of bleach and there is one thing that you need to keep in your mind that not all the parts are suitable for bleach cleaning. Bleach cleaning will return the glow of your coffee maker. It removes all the scales from your coffee maker.
Here are some guidelines which will assist you to clean the coffee maker with simple steps. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to clean your coffee maker with bleach.
- Pick out the carafe which is a glass coffee container from your coffee maker. If there is any coffee inside it then make it empty. Now place the carafe in a well-ventilated room and pour some bleach into the carafe. Wait for about 30 minutes to one hour to make it sit.
- Once the bleach has soaked, remove the bleach from the carafe. Rinse it with plenty of water slowly three or four times.
- After you have completed the washing process with plain water, you need to wash the carafe with the help of common dishwashing detergent in your sink.
- Now we need to prepare a solution of bleach and water, having one part bleach to six parts water. We advise you to put on rubber gloves and bring an old sponge. Now dip that old sponge into the solution and wash the exterior of the coffee maker. You need to pay some extra attention to those spots that have stained from coffee exposure.
- Use clean water and sponge or clean dishrag to clean the exterior of the coffee maker. Use a clean dry cloth to dry the coffee maker and you will observe that all the stains have gone.